Holidays from £2,150.00
Choose your flights and room type below to get the bespoke price for your holiday.
You will only pay a £1,000 deposit today with the balance due 3 months prior to departure.
If you would like to talk to somebody about this trip then please feel free to give us a call on 0203 362 4114.
Terms & Conditions are available here.
London – Jaipur – London
Join Paul on a journey to Jaipur and explore the people, culture, architecture, urban decay, and the local environment of the worlds most beautiful destinations through the lens of your camera. Paul Watkins has been a professional photographer for over 30 years with vast experience covering commercial, corporate, artistic and event photography. In addition, Paul has extensive experience working with industry leaders in the technical and training side of the photo industry. Accompanying Paul on this trip to Jaipur will be his wife Paula who is a textile artist. They have worked in collaboration on artistic projects, articles and books, utilising Paul’s skill of capturing the minute details of textiles, mixed media and illustration. There will be the opportunity to teach and learn from others in a sharing of ideas and experience session. Build your skills behind the camera.
Learn how to enhance your photography by capturing the beautiful and colourful wonders of Jaipur. On this photography holiday you will tour the spectacular sights travelling with a group of like minded photographers on our private bus with personal tour guide. We will consider effective ways to interpret subjects such as people and faces, colour and light, urban and rural landscapes, shooting black & white and ‘getting in closer’. The holiday will be ideally suited to anyone with an interest in photography as we will be sharing together our ideas, experience and knowledge as we discover amazing locations through our camera lenses. We can then share tips and ideas, talk techniques and discuss kit over dinner or a beer!
Highlights of the Tour
Need to know more…
Hotel, transport and food requirements
You will be staying in the wonderful Megh Niwas Hotel Jaipur. Jamie the founder of Colouricious Holidays fell in love with this private family run hotel on her travels, returning every year for the high quality of cleanliness, decoration of the rooms and the homemade food. This hotel is the childhood home of the owner which we cherish.
All the foods are grown by the hotel in their organic farm and they have their own chef to cook appropriate meals for us. If you have any dietary requirements, please do get in touch so we can make any necessary arrangements with the chef. Your breakfast and dinner is included in the price.
To make this experience as comfortable as possible you will travelling this beautiful area in a private coach with a Colouricious Holidays representative to take you to the best hidden gems and stunning sites.
Pushkar Camel Fair
Explore Pushkar with your local guide and also witness the Pushkar Fair – The Pushkar fair is one of India’s largest camel, horse and cattle fairs. Apart from the trading of livestock, it is an important pilgrimage season for Hindus to the Pushkar lake. Pushkar fair has also become a significant tourist attraction for domestic and international travelers, given the cooler season, the abundance of colorful cultural themes. Cultural events and competitions include dances, tug of war between women teams as well as men teams, the “matka phod”, “longest moustache” competition, “bridal competition”, camel races and others.
On reaching the foot of the Fort, you will be transported up by either by elephant or jeep [subject to availability] in order to see the fabulous Amer Fort. Maharaja Mansingh, Mughal Emperor Akbar’s most successful General, started the construction of Amer Fort in the 17th century. Before the City Palace was constructed in Jaipur, Amer was the seat of power. The fort is surrounded by fortified battlements and overlooks the Moat Lake. Ruins and remains are spread over the Aravalli hills and sprawling crenulated walls lattice the surrounding area. An elephant [subject to availability/alternatively by jeep] will spare you the trouble of reaching up to the fortress. Once on top, stroll through the sprawling complex of courtyards and halls; Many of the rooms have delightful wall paintings, with precious stones and mirrors inlaid in the walls. Most fascinating, perhaps, is the Sheesh Mahal (hall of mirrors) where a single lamplight is reflected in the many mirrors, lighting up the room.
It is one of Rajasthan’s most popular tourist destinations, and is hardly the grim edifice its name suggests. This is a grand (yet defensible) palace of red sandstone and marble. Its four constituent elements include the Hall of Public Audience, The Hall of Private Audience, the Mirror Palace, and the naturally sir conditioned Sukh Niwas. The tour will include all of these separate ‘palaces’ and their courtyards.
Day with elephant is a unique and inspiring experience, that we have put together with love. It is a kind activity with Elephants which is quite special and we are sure you would not have seen anything like this before. It is the experience of owning a beautiful creature like elephant for a day and this is what makes Eleday a must do activity, for anyone visiting India.
A day full of adventure with these beautiful & magnificent creatures, it is a special chance for you to get close and become friends with elephants and interact with it for real. We love our Elephants and do not support any activity which is cruel or harmful for them. For paintings only organic colors are used. All our elephants are female elephants which also makes them loving and gentle and no aggression towards guests who feed them, play with them or bathe them.
Jal Mahul known as the ‘Water Palace’ is built in red sandstone and appears to float ontop of Sagar lake. Although never intended to be a palace but a shooting lodge for the Maharajah it has five stories with four floors remaining underwater. The terrace hosts a roof garden similar to that of Amer palace.This majestic scene makes the Jal Mahal Jaipur’s most photographed monument and will sure to be a hit.
Abhaneri is a must visit for those who appreciate architectural genius and love to click pictures. This sleepy village is known for its marvellous step wells which were built in the 8th Century by Samrat Mihir Bhoj. It is common knowledge that Jaipur is set in a desert, however, it is little known that these step wells were dug up for the luxurious usage of water by the wealthy. According to a local legend, the rich used to climb down the steps for a bath and then the water used by them would be used as drinking water for the poor. What is noteworthy when you visit the place is the strength of these wells which have survived more than 10 centuries, unfazed by time and decay. These step wells were constructed to be able to harvest whatever little water the rains brought to these dry lands. The most notable amongst this cluster of wells is Chand Baori and it has all the powers to dizzy you as soon as you look down.
There is so much of India to explore! We also offer different craft and textile tours across this beautiful country. Take a look at the other wonderful destinations we also offer such as Uzbekistan, Japan and Bhutan or if you India!
Travel, Learn and be happy!
- Depart London
- Arrive Jaipur by flight
- Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel
- Free time to relax and refresh
- 7pm holiday briefing presented by Paul and the local guide
- Dinner at Megh Niwas
- Breakfast is at the Hotel.
- Sightseeing tour of Amber Fort with elephant ride
- Explore the ruins of the Old City of Jaipur
- Photo stop at Jal Mahal
- Visit Hawa Mahal
- Dinner at Megh Niwas
- Sightseeing tour of Observatory and City Palace
- Meander round the Pink City to view people and life
- Free time in the afternoon to enjoy independent activities.
- Dinner at Megh Niwas
- Optional start at 7 am for street photography capture the real life of Jaipur how the city starts their day with children rushing to schools, shopkeeper opening their shops with chai-wala selling chai and small vendors selling breakfast to locals.
- By 10 am return to hotel for breakfast
- Sightseeing tour of Nahargarh Fort
- Dinner at Megh Niwas
- Breakfast is at your hotel
- Morning walking tour with Guide round the backstreets of the Pink City including Bapu Bazaar
- Retail therapy in the afternoon
- Dinner at Megh Niwas
- Breakfast is at the Hotel.
- Later participate in elephant activity – painting / bathing/ feeding/ riding an elephant
- Cooking demonstration
- Evening drive to Pushkar [145 Kms: 3.5 Hrs one way] and stay overnight (Glamping)
- Breakfast at hotel
- visit Brahma Temple and Pushkar Lake
- visit Pushkar Camel Fair
- Dinner will be at hotel
- Stay overnight at Pushkar
- Breakfast is at the Hotel.
- Visit Pushkar Camel Fair
- Stay overnight at Pushkar
- Breakfast is at the Hotel.
- Morning free time to explore Pushkar yourself
- Afternoon drive back to Jaipur with photo stop at Abhaneri Step Well
- Stay overnight at Megh Niwas
- Breakfast is at hotel.
- Today, at an appropriate time, you will be transferred to Jaipur airport to connect with your flight back home.
Please read these booking conditions carefully as they form the basis of your contract with Colouricious Ltd Holidays. Once you secure your reservation with payment of a deposit or the full amount, we enter into a contract. We assume that you, and any other person on your booking form, or subsequently added to your booking form, have read these Terms & Conditions and agree to them.
- The holiday will include accommodation and meals as described on the website at the time of booking.
- All tours and visits as described on the website at the time of booking.
- Travel arrangements are planned many months in advance and it may, very occasionally, be necessary to make changes to, or cancel completely parts of the itinerary. Therefore we reserve the right to make changes after we have entered into this contract.
- If your tour director is, for whatever reason, unable to travel with your party, we reserve the right to provide a replacement of similar professional expertise or a local professional guide. This will not be a significant change.
- As you will be booking your own flights you should be aware that the land only component of your holiday may not be ATOL protected. Colouricious Ltd will not take responsibility for any problems, delays or expense you encounter with your own travel arrangements. Colouricious Ltd will not take responsibility for any failure by you to arrive at the destination and agreed meeting point in time to join the tour.
- If your tour director/guest artist/host is, for whatever reason, unable to travel with your party, we reserve the right to provide a replacement of similar professional expertise or a local professional guide. This will not be a significant change & the holiday will proceed.
Reservation & Payment
- We have an online booking system, however we are pleased to receive enquires via telephone, email or post. When you reserve your place on one of our holidays, you will be asked for payment of a deposit Payments can be made by credit/debit card online or on the telephone by direct bank transfer or by cheque.
- The balance must be paid at least 12 weeks prior to departure. If you are booking less than 12 weeks prior to departure the full amount is payable. If the monies are not paid in time, we reserve the right to cancel your holiday and apply the cancellation conditions as set out in clause 7 below.
- We have a deposit of £1,000 to cover the cost reserving accommodation.
- We reserve the right to increase our prices at any time, if costs rise due to unforeseen events such as government action, currency movements, or if fuel costs increase or other unexpected price rises occur of which we were unaware at the time of booking.
- Any increase in price will be limited to the net cost to Colouricious Ltd.
- In the event you wish to cancel your holiday you must inform Colouricious Ltd in writing immediately. Cancellation periods are calculated from the date Colouricious Ltd receive your written notification.
- Cancellation Charges
|10 weeks or more 50% of total holiday cost|
|6 – 10 weeks 75% of total holiday cost|
|Less than 6 weeks 100% of total holiday cost|
- It may be that it is possible to transfer your holiday to another Colouricious Holiday. In additional to any price differential & ticketing costs, an admin fee of £50.00 per person will be charged.
- Colouricious Ltd requires a minimum number of guests for us to operate a holiday. In the unlikely event that we cancel a tour for this or any other reason, we will notify you at the earliest opportunity
- If we do have to cancel your holiday for any reason, before the date of departure, you will have the choice of taking an alternative holiday (paying, or receiving a refund, in respect of any price difference) or accepting a full refund of all monies paid to us.
- We cannot be held responsible for any additional services or products which you purchase outside the terms of our itinerary or our brochure or website. As you are flying independently of Colouricious, do not book your flights until we have confirmed that the holiday will operate.
- It is a requirement that all clients have suitable travel insurance.
- You must provide us with the name of your insurers, the policy number and emergency contact number before you travel. Colouricious Holidays will not be liable for any costs incurred by you due to your failure to take out suitable travel insurance from the date of booking.
- You are responsible for repaying in full any losses or expenses incurred by Colouricious Ltd arising out of your failure to take out adequate insurance cover
VISA, Passport & other documentation
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have all the necessary documentation to complete your journey. Be aware that some countries require a passport to be valid for 3-6 months after your holiday. Whatever your nationality you should check with your relevant embassy for visa and other requirements.
- Colouricious Ltd will not be responsible for any visa or other immigration matter, nor any costs incurred as a result of such matter.
- We require full passport details no later than 4 weeks prior to departure for airline bookings.
- The names that appear on your booking form MUST be the same as the names in your passport. If the names on the booking form is not the same as on your passport you will be responsible for any costs incurred.
Health & Accessibility
- It should be noted that many of our itineraries include visits to less economically developed countries and that the general levels of comfort and services in some destinations are lower than would be found in the UK and the EU. In particular pavement and road surfaces can be broken and uneven.
- The dust, heat and exhaust in big cities of LEDC’s may occasionally be troublesome for people with breathing issues. Be assured that providing you are reasonably healthy you will be able to take part in any of our holidays.
- If you have any special needs or medical condition that you consider (or some other person may reasonably consider) may impinge on your participation of the holiday, you must inform us at the time of booking so that we can advise you on the suitability of the holiday. We will strive to include everyone in every part of our holidays but in visiting LEDC”s some of the sites that we visit or stay, are not necessarily equipped for wheelchair access or other special needs.
- Dietary requirements should be advised at the time of booking.
Your Financial Protection
- “We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).”
- “If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.”
- Colouricious will always strive to act in the best interest of the client to ensure the best holiday experience possible. It is essential that any complaints and or problems are notified to us at the time so that the matter may be addressed at the earliest opportunity.
- If your tour leader is unable to resolve the problem to your satisfaction, you should write to firstname.lastname@example.org at the time. Colouricious will do our best to investigate and resolve the matter as soon as practicable.
- All matters arising from your contract with Colouricious Ltd are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Court.
Online Booking & Payment Terms
Please book your holiday online – the booking form is found at the top of this page. Once you have submitted your booking form and made your payment, you will be sent a confirmation note and if appropriate an ATOL certificate.
Upgrading your flight?
If you are considering upgrading your flight we will be pleased to assist. Please call us on 0203 362 4114 or email us at email@example.com at the time of booking for a quote.
Not coming from the UK?
Then it makes sense for you make your own way to Jaipur and meet us there.
Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the details.
Book your own flight and pay the land only price without flight
Don’t want to book online?
If you do not wish to book your holiday online, then please contact us on 0203 362 4114 or email us at email@example.com and we will arrange it all for you and advise you of the ways you can make your deposit payment.
“I have recently returned from a visit to India with Colouricious Holidays. It was my second visit of the year, last November I joined the group touring Rajasthan and this month Odisha. Over the last 50 years I have travelled the world both independently and with organised groups – Borneo, Japan, Kenya, Peru and Malawi being some of the highlights. A friend asked me what makes the Colouricious tours so special, why do they stand out from the rest and why do you go back? Was it the choice of the Indian location, the textile art /craft theme or the excellent value for money? Was it the attention to details such as travel arrangements, interesting heritage hotels, the food or the individual care you receive. Most of the top travel companies usually get these things right particularly if you pay top prices. So why is Colouriscious different?
Colouricious Holidays are excellent tours in the sense you are taken to some of the most interesting, beautiful places you will ever visit. They are tours in the sense that the local guide will have given you enough information to help you understand the significance of what you are seeing. A quality tour for me is never about seeing the attractions or even looking at how people live, it is about the personal, interaction with people in their own environments.
With Coloricious Holidays it is as though you have been given this massive privilege of stepping into another world. It is about things that happen to just you and provide memories that will stay with you forever. You feel so privileged. Everyday offers unique experiences that made you feel as if you have entered a community, not as a tourist but just as the person you are and you leave having been touched in some way. Over dinner at the end of a day when you swop stories you realise you may well have been the only one taken by a young girl to show you her rice wall paintings but someone else was shown a villager’s vegetable plot , or was dressed in a sari, or taken to visit grandma or a new baby. The experiences are endless. Each person feels as though they had their own special moment. Colouricious is the only tour holiday I have been on that offers this level of experience on a daily basis.” Love Denise
“Thanks so much for such a wonderful trip with a lovely group of people – was fun to share in all the stories everyone had to tell & enjoy doing the workshops together – so much talent there! Has been hard to come down to earth & put it all aside for the Christmas time but can go back to it all now & enjoy sorting out photos & look at all the pieces I bought – have not got round to unpacking them yet! Everyone that I bought scarves from Jaipur loved them & a few stories – have even been asked to give a talk & slide show about it!!! ” Daphne
Jamie Malden – you are a STAR! You will never know just how much it meant to those of us like myself, recently widowed or now finding themselves alone for other reasons, to discover they can enjoy a wonderful holiday again. Your organisation of every detail was exemplary and I would never hesitate to encourage others to join you on a Colouricious holiday. Being able to participate in block printing workshops with local people was such a privilege, the kindness of everyone we met was outstanding and the fun and happiness felt by everyone made for a really very special holiday. I am still reliving chaotic but amazing Rajasthan every day and will do for some time to come so thank you SO much! Please also pass on my warmest appreciation to Puneet for all his undivided attention to every detail to ensure our Jaipur experience was the best possible and It was such a pleasure to meet him. Best wishes Sandra