Jan Tillet’s delicate stitch bowl making.
Wondering how to create your own custom, unique fabric bowl? In the video above or reading just below, Jan Tillet shows you just how to do so!
What you’ll need:
- Water soluble film
- embroidery hoop
- A small bowl
- Sewing Machine
- Other bits to put into the bowl (net, sweet wrappers)
Time to go!
- place the film over the hoop and put the thread and other pieces of fabric (or whatever else) onto the hoop above the film.
- Arrange the pieces as you find best fits for you
- Fold the film over again so there is a double layer and enclose the hoop.
- Using the sewing machine, put the free motion embroidery setting on and sew the thread over the hoop until secure and covered.
- Take the fabric and film out of the hoop and cut the excess film.
- place in water for the film to then dissolve entirely.
- Squeeze the excess water off.
- Turn the small bowl upside down then place your designed piece over the base of the bowl
- Leave to dry for around 12 hours
And voila! You now have your very own unique and creative fabric bowl. We love how the bowl has a lace like affect and think it’s stunning. what do you think? leave a comment under our video here!